Sarah. Fashion. 100% of the time.

Welcome everyone! I'm Sarah, and I love fashion and writing, so I've combined the two here. Feel free to comment and follow!!! xo

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Marc Jacobs Inspired DIY Hex Nut Earrings

Marc Jacobs' hex nut and bolt jewelry is simply fabulous. His pieces, like the ones below, have inspired my latest DIY project.


For this tutorial, I will be making a pair of earrings that use one hex nut, like the first picture above, but I will be using a hex nut that is a different color than the chain, like the second image.

Step one: Gather your supplies: Two hex nuts (I used silver tone), two lengths of chain, two jump rings, and two earring wires (for the chain, rings, and the wires, I used a rose-gold tone) (Not pictured are one pair of pliers).


Step Two: Thread one length of chain through one hex nut.


Step Three: Attach the chain to a jump ring.


Step Four: Add an earring wire to the jump ring.


Step Five: Close the jump ring and VOILE! You have a chic pair of earrings inspired by the incredible Marc Jacobs.


If you have any questions, ideas, or anything else to add, please comment below and feel free to follow!

xo
Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment